Metal and Die-cast
YOU CAN COUNT ON ZD METAL PRODUCTS
ZD Metal Products has the capability to handle any size project of part manufacturing.
ZD Metal Products is one of the only magnesium die-casting plants in the midwest. Our magnesium and die-casting capabilities allow us to supply Tier I and Tier II suppliers with parts, mainly for the automotive industry.
Die-Casting Capabilities 500 tons to 1,815 ton capacity
WHY USE MAGNESIUM?
- Magnesium is abundant
- Light weight
- Highest strength to weight ratio of all structural metals
- Excellent castability
- Low affinity for iron results in much longer die life than aluminium
- Product mass reduction
- Magnesium is 68% lighter than steel
- Magnesium is 35% lighter than aluminium
- Thermal conductivity
- Magnesium conducts heat 4x faster than steel
WHAT CAN ZD METAL PRODUCTS PRODUCE FOR YOU?
Two Horizontal CNC machines
1) 40“x20“x20“Machine size
2) 20 tool capacity
Three Horizontal CNC Machines
- 1) 2400 rapid feed
- 2) 28“x16“x15 1/2 part size capacity
- 3) 19 tool capacity
- 4) Chip to chip 1.8 seconds
- 5) Hydraulic clamping
Every die cast part has runners, overflows and vents that must be trimmed. Abrasive vibratory tumbling (slide grinding) is used to minimize sharp edges.
ZD Metal Products provides durable, Class A finishes. Cast parts require various forms of finishing, such as:
- Vibratory Tumbling
- Powder Coating
ZD Metal Products provides Machining, Wiring and conductivity validation, Adhesive application / curing, and Insert assembly.
WHAT CAN WE DO FOR YOU?
CONTACT US TODAY AND TELL US WHAT YOU NEED